Visiting blogs, I always feel that everyone leads such interesting lives which totally reflect in their sites. Me? Not so much. I go to work, come home, usually work a little more (grading or planning), maybe stamp or craft, and go to bed. That's about it- sorry, not very interesting. I wish I had a more colorful life- maybe someday I will, but for now- this is the best it gets. Let's see... I did do the Happy Dance earlier because all but 1 of my Annual Reviews are done! That means I can have a life without paperwork, computer program glitches, and meetings! Yea!
Our school book club meets tomorrow to discuss the book Sarah's Keys and to assign the new book...The Middle Place. It will be interesting to hear people's impressions about Sarah's Keys. I will not spoil it if you have not read it, but informally I have heard mixed reviews. The Middle Place, on the other hand, I have heard nothing but excellent comments about ( I can not WAIT to read it!).
I am still participating in the One Single Impression weekly poetry prompts because I like to pretend I am creative (yes I do sound very Eeyorish tonight don't I?) and pretend is the operative word. This week's prompt is "movement." I stuck strictly to haiku poetry for this week; so here are my poems...
I am still participating in the One Single Impression weekly poetry prompts because I like to pretend I am creative (yes I do sound very Eeyorish tonight don't I?) and pretend is the operative word. This week's prompt is "movement." I stuck strictly to haiku poetry for this week; so here are my poems...

frenzied excitement
rhythms pulsate; can't sit still
music speaks to me
****************************************
movement of seasons
icicles frozen solid
starts with just one drip
relentless melting
magic metamorphosis~
watery puddles
*******************************
one tentative breath
moves us from life to death
I know; I have seen it
*********************
my inner rhythms
mercurial, on the move
part of who I am
grow, change, realize
evolving into myself
who I'm meant to be
************************
ebb and flow of waves
the primordial moon's pull
calls out to my soul
14 comments:
you really do have such a beautiful knack for haiku! And by the way -- you do lead a very interesting life. Extraordinary is in the ordinary.
Thank you for your kind comments on my blog -- I always love a visit from you.
Susan
I loooooved the middle place and can't wait to see what you think !!
Again, your site is lovely..music, pictures...boring- not a chance! I loved the poem..the visit & kind words sailing over from your bloggy! "one tentative breath
moves us from life to death"- so well put..and this beauty.. "ebb and flow of waves the primordial moon's pull calls out to my soul". Love it!
ephemera
stunted "i wishes"
velleities one and all:
ouch! cut my finger
oh but you ARE creative. great series of haikus!! my favorite was the 2nd to last but enjoyed all of them.
and, other people's lives DO seem more interesting. it's the grass is greener thing.. i don't really write about my "life" persay, but i write about my thoughts, feelings, emotions.. that you can get a semblance of my life in bits and pieces. so, my life SOUNDS more interesting than it actually is.
These are lovely Haiku. I particularly like the ones on icicles. You are indeed creative!
Thank you for dropping by my blog and leaving behind encouraging words.:)
I really like your haiku - my favorite of this batch was the one that started with 'movement of seasons'. Very nice!
The mercurial movement within each of these poems is in time with my own pulse.
Patti,
You ARE creative!! Love you haiku :)
Denise
hi patti,
..thank you for these 'creative movements'..
Oh my, Patti your poems just move me. So little words but with such impact. I love it!
I will keep you updated on my "ghostly" life. :)
I enjoyed all the moves you described so well and also the photos were great.
Oh yes, you are creative. Your poems are lovely, and so are the photographs.
Yeah, yeah, yeah. I will join you in that happy dance. I know exactly how much you have to celebrate. Oh, yes, I do. Congratualations!
Post a Comment