Saturday, February 21, 2009


I want to extend a HUGE THANK YOU to ANGELICA over at I'm Going Back To The Start for the wonderful goodies that she sent me this past week! I am so overwhelmed with the her gracious package filled with lots of really cool ephemera, ribbons, pictures, tags, collage elements, and paper. I can't wait to start using it! Also very cool- it is exactly all the kinds of things I really love, but have not found anywhere that I go. So thanks again Angie- you are the best!!!












Below are really cute items I received from Denise over at Polka Dot Moon. Aren't the tags and posies adorable? Denise is an extremely talented paper crafter who is donating the proceeds from her Etsy shop to the Cora Paige Playground fund. Cora is a darling little girl who tragically lost her battle with cancer just a few weeks ago. This is her story. Many Etsy shops are donating their proceeds like Denise did to fund a playground in her name. You can also make a donation without going through Etsy as well. This story further illustrates the power of the blogging community, connecting with others and the good that can come out of it!









On a more random note- the pictures below are of our new house we are having built!



NOT!!! They are actually of a house going up 2 block from my school in the middle of a neighborhood. I know the pictures don't do it justice (but again it's hard to be sneaky taking pics in a bright red jeep) but it is a monster!!!! The roof kind of speaks for itself. The funniest thing though is NOBODY knows who is building it. There's lots of rumors- Chicago sport celebs perhaps or some big time CEO, but no one knows for sure! Such a mystery...









5 comments:

Polka Dot Moon said...

Patti,
You are the sweetest!! Thank you for your kind words! I hope you enjoy your goodies and the fabulous package that Angelica sent you. I can only imagine the fun things that you will be creating :)

Wow - that house is huge! I love how you explained your sneakiness in your red jeep :)

Have a fabulous weekend!
Denise

beth said...

DAMN....I was going to keep it a secret but now the cat's out of the bag...it's mine, it's my house... and I was going to wait until I was all moved in before I stopped over and yelled "surprise" when you opened the door....

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Thank you Patti for what you sent me......

I totally appreciate your kindness and for always posting a comment on my blog. That does mean a lot to me.

I hope you have a wonderful week at work and that house in your area looks like a castle.

Beth's comment made me laugh...

Blessings to you.....

Angelica

Michelle said...

Hi Patti!

I'm baaaaack.....thanks so much for all your sweet words while I was sick. I can't tell you how nice it is to feel somewhat normal again. That thing was terrible, whatever it was I had! I see you received some wonderful goodies! Everything is just adorable, especially the tags! Lucky you. Okay you had me for a second when you said that that was your house being built. Hehe! Hope you had a great weekend! I am doing a post now and I will have something for you on it so swing over tomorrow when you get the chance!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Good night nurse! What a monster house. Can't wait to see what you create with all your new goodies.