Good morning! Above are pictures of the moon on my way to school this morning at 6:45. I know the pictures don't even begin to do justice to what I saw but the moon was absolutely luminously gorgeous! It makes the whole time change (and the early morning darkness) and leaving for work so darn early in the morning totally worth it to have been able to view that moon. What a great start to the day!

The OSI prompt this week is a fork in the road. Who hasn't wondered what if...? Here is my 1 ( yes 1!) haiku interpretation for that prompt. Pop on over to OSI to see how the other talented poets interpreted the prompt.
thought out decisions
not necessarily right
seemed logical then
I wish time stood still
to see our choice's impact
before it is made
still I wonder if...
some unexpected whimsies
missed for the safe route
scared to take the risk
a missed possibility
choices and regrets
***************************************
And on a random note- here is a picture I took of Abbey the other night as she had settled into the couch. Just look at that face!!!!


The OSI prompt this week is a fork in the road. Who hasn't wondered what if...? Here is my 1 ( yes 1!) haiku interpretation for that prompt. Pop on over to OSI to see how the other talented poets interpreted the prompt.
thought out decisions
not necessarily right
seemed logical then
I wish time stood still
to see our choice's impact
before it is made
still I wonder if...
some unexpected whimsies
missed for the safe route
scared to take the risk
a missed possibility
choices and regrets
***************************************
And on a random note- here is a picture I took of Abbey the other night as she had settled into the couch. Just look at that face!!!!

17 comments:
Like minds Patti ;) The moon was amazing!!
Hubby won a telescope last year and gave it to Jackson for Christmas. We've been using it a lot and discovering all kinds of things in the night time sky.
And another lovely piece of work. Your words are wonderful :)
I often wonder what I have missed out on by playing it safe, too.
The moon is lovely..it's nice to be up early. Our journey is that huh - choices & regret and risks. Nice thoughtful poem-
wow....that crossroads picture is wonderful and the words....OMG, I felt them myself for something in my own life !!!
and ummm....6:45 and you're on your way to work ?...oh bless your heart !!!
but the pics were beautiful !
Soooo, are most of us too conservative? I've been told that if I was going to ... that first I would ...
Some people use a point value for their decision making, the way/choice with the most points is the way to go.
My sister says when in doubt, go left. It has special advantages, less people for sure.
I like your moon picture, I am jealous because my little Sony camera isn't good enough for that. Your four way fork was good too.
I just thought of something, the second time around will be for better choices. For those times we get a second chance. :-)
..
I like that Abbey, I couldn't find many pictures here. I am sure she could make your choices like my Adi did for me.
..
This YouTube is of Adi's (our beagle dog) first meeting with Katrin, our inherited toy poodle:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6ibP2TEW7Q& (paste it in)
..
What a beautiful picture, Patti. Almost haunting. Your poem brings up a lot for me. As for the pin-up..my risk to try again with an ex-boyfriend came back unfruitful. In my heart of hearts I knew it wouldn't work but he was trying so hard and I can never say no to someone who is trying. I am sure now that this isn't going to work but I am glad I tried. I wish all the best for him and I know this is the right thing. I wish I could stay friends but he is not capable. It's sad but he and I will both be okay. :)
Nice one..we all wish we could see the impact of our choices whilst we ponder what choice to make.
Beautiful photos, and a very thought provoking poem. Fear seems to always influence my choice .. but the older I get the more I can move pass fear.
The moon is a beautiful and mysterious entity. It's funny how something so far away can actually influence human behavior.
Thanks for dropping in and leaving such a nice comment.
The moon images are gorgeous, and Abby's face makes me happy. Beth is right. That crossroads photo is amazing.
Liked all these facets of your 1 interpretation!
Especiallythe first one...I so often in my life have thought I knew the right thing, only to figure out that I wasn't listening deep enough...you know?
Thanks!!
AND..Abbey is precious!!
Patti,
Love the pictures. And your little baby on the couch is so sweet. Wish that is how it was at our house. Might have to give away my smaller dog as the HUBBY is not digging him at all. Wish Papash had a home like yours.
Take care,
Angelica
These all hit home with me; really great use of simplicity and nuance here.
The older I get the less I second guess. I'm not more sure of myself rather less worried, more willing to accept my choices. Enjoyed these.
Please consider joining us for Little Lov'n Monday. The aim is to support fellow bloggers by reading and commenting on their blogs. Leave us a link to a post you think we should check out, and your name will be entered in a drawing for a free book.
Patti,
I absolutely love the photos! Your poem, and your dog Abbey too! How wonderfully intertwined all are together to make your life!
You would probably love to do an altered book ~ hey! you could start with poetry! Yours ~ it would be a poetry journal. Blessings, Katie
Gorgeous moon photos!
Karla
I like the poem- since turning 40, I've been introspective about choices...no turning back, or is there?
If you have a chance, come out to Kane County for the Flea Market this weekend...Judy from Tapestries of nature will be there, as will we..
iowajunkgypsies.blogspot.com
Post a Comment