Monday, March 9, 2009


Thank you so very much to all of you who left wonderful advice about dealing with going through my mom's things. And a special huge Thank You to Laura and Angie- my Illinois Blogger Buddies, who live within an hour of me and offered to come over and go through stuff with me! Your advice and offers mean so much to me and are so appreciated- you have no idea. The same thing happened at school when I mentioned I was going to have to start at my mom's- some of my friends also offered to help. It just reinforces the idea that if you put something "out there" the universe starts working to take care of it.

About an hour after I posted that particular post, one of our friends at school found out her son had passed away. Needless to say- I put going over to my mom's on the total back burner and instead a few of us focused on this friend and went to be with her and her family. Nothing like this type of situation to put your own "woes" into proper perspective. My heart goes out to this friend and her family- they have had one tragedy after another over the years. It really makes me wonder why some people have to bear so much more than others. I have a real problem understanding that one! Anyway- the past few days have not been good ones as we are worried about our friend and are trying to help her get through this.


Anyway- thanks again for all the advice and help- it means the world to me!

4 comments:

beth said...

I wonder about that same thing too...why some people have so much loss in their lives while others have none.

You are a wonderful person and I'm sure this friend is feeling blessed to have you in her corner right now.

Thoughts and prayers go out to her.

JUST ME said...

Honestly Patti if you ever need anything let me know. I will be glad to drive anywhere far or near to help someone out.

Blessing to you and I hope your friend is doing okay.

Angie

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Patti,
I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and sending warm thoughts. Cleaning the house out will not be an easy task on so many levels.

If you want to, come check out my latest book giveaway.

xo

Michelle said...

Oh wow, Patti. I'm sorry about your friend as well. There has been so much loss lately even as I scan the blogs. What is going on? I will pray for both you and your friend.