Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Officially Spring!

Farewell....
....to Winter's worn-out melted memories....
to the last vestiges that Autumn and Summer left behind
buried under piles of dirty unmelted snow piles
in their rush to get in on the change of Seasons...
Hello...
...to the birds chirping their joy to each other about the change in weather
to the Sun staying out later and later lengthening our light-filled days
to the riot of colors that are bursting from the ground and the trees
all wanting to be noticed....











These pictures are some signs of spring over at my house. I love to get out the spring decorations- they are such a welcome change from the heavy Christmas/winter stuff. I love birds and bunnies; they are such harbingers of spring. I'm looking forward to it officially being spring- although in Illinois the weather hardly ever cooperates until about middle May when we go right into hot, humid summer! I love being able to crack the windows open and listen to the outside sounds again- I have missed that! The birds are so active and their warbling makes me happy. I love how the ground smells- so earthy with the promise of green grass and the return of flowers poking up through the soil. I even enjoy the spring rains and the fact that they help wash away all remnants of winter. Yes indeed- it's time to trade in the winter boots and long skirts and jackets for capris and tennis shoes...I am ready!
What do you like best about spring?


8 comments:

beth said...

what where who....
they said tonight is going to be 18degrees....come on spring...stop the teasing !!!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Oh I love spring too!
The fruit trees are blossoming right now and their scent is delicious!
Love your cute decorations :)

Denise

Laura said...

I love to hear the birds chirping!!!

JUST ME said...

hello my friend,

you are getting ready girl. I might run to Home Good later and look for something Easter.

Blessings to you and thanks for your comments and your friendship.

have a wonderful day!

JUST ME said...

Patti,

You are right.... I swear I get charged the same... we are so alike. are you sure we weren't split up when we were born?

JK...

Peace to you

Tumblewords: said...

Oh, yes! Spring is so welcome - farewell to winter...Nice post!

Michelle said...

I'm so excited Spring is here, even though it's raining. Lol! I hear the Spring birds chirping out my window and the frogs singing at night. :) I love your little bunnies, Patti!

Relyn Lawson said...

I love how you decorate for every holiday.