Monday, March 16, 2009

OLD IRISH BLESSING




May your blessings outnumber


The Shamrocks that grow,


And may trouble avoid you


Wherever you go!






On this day where everyone is Irish...be blessed and have fun!








Speaking of being lucky...I sure was on Sunday when I was invited by Laura over at Maude and Mozart to join a group of her friends for lunch and then a reading and book signing by author Jodi Picoult. How fun! Laura and her friends were so welcoming and fun; I felt right at home. Laura and I have found out we have so much in common from where we grew up to a favorite place for the MOST amazing pizza ever to all of our crafts and hobbies. I am looking forward to continuing our friendship!










It was thrilling for me to get to hear one of my all time favorite authors. Her new book Handle With Care is excellent. I had purchased the book to get it autographed, and then saving it to read for over my spring break (next week), but after hearing Jodi speak and talk about the book, I jumped right into it when I got home and have had a hard time putting it down.



Here's a chance for you to be lucky- the very talented artist/photographer/writer Susan Tuttle over at Ilka's Attic is doing a book giveaway contest! If you don't already have a copy of Susan's book, rush right over there and enter the contest to win your very own copy of Exhibition 36: Mixed-Media Demonstrations + Explorations. It is a wonderful book- filled with insiring mixed media inspirations from Susan and other mixed media artists. The drawing will be held on March 25th .








This week's prompt at OSI is "farewell." Check out OSI for other amazing poems. Here's my haiku:



too many people
gone from this life to the next
leaving me behind

just two syllables
the grief tears me up inside
till we meet again ...



*****************************************************

17 comments:

SandyCarlson said...

Farewells are so difficult when they are without end.

beth said...

I'm soooooo happy you got to meet laura and trish {trixie} as those are two women I love !!!

gautami tripathy said...

I liked the haiku. So poignant.

washed by words

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, you have been lucky!! Jodi Picoult and Laura, both. I am envious. I'm so glad that you had such a marvelous time. You'll have to tell me about Picoult's new work. I think she is amazing - maybe one of the best living writers. But, I can't take some of her books. Too harsh for me. I love The Plain Truth and My Sister's Keeper. Tenth Circle and similar were too graphic and sad for me. So, I can't wait to hear if you think this one is OK for me. I'm a little bit of a sadness wimp.

Laura said...

I am so happy that you had fun! I can't wait to spend a day cross-stitching or stamping! I am glad you are liking the new JP book. Sharon said she went home and started 19 Minutes right away and can't put it down. Can't wait for May 3!

Amias (ljm and liquidplastic) said...

I know the feeling ...

Anonymous said...

Farewells are hard..I'm with you- I like this photo with the prompt too.

Polka Dot Moon said...

Farewells...................too many as of late.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Tammy said...

Happy St Patrick's Day . I hope you are doing good. Enjoy your book. My daughter loves her books. I haven't had time to read any yet.

Beth P. said...

Hi Patti--
Thanks for your OSI Farewell poem...yes indeed!

And the Irish Blessing! I'll drink to that!

Love to you!

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jim said...

Hi Patti, make that wish for yourself and you'll have a lot of blessings if it comes true.
Your poem is soooooo true to me. All of my ancestors have gone from this life to the next so I am the older generation now, the others have left me behind.
..

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh! You are SO lucky you got to attend a book signing by Jodi Picoult!! She is one of my favorite authors....and I envy her hair. :)

I will have to checkout that giveaway.

Hope you had fun!

Sij said...

Nice one..An Irish farewell is not always as great as you made this one.

Quiet Paths said...

Very difficult, very deep emotions. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your visit - I got way behind in getting to OSI this week! I love you post, the poem is gently poignant, and the photo is lovely!

Tammie Lee said...

touching piece of the ones we love that have moved on~