The prompt this week at OSI is "circles" and the picture above was taken by my husband.
Circular Thoughts
I sat with no words
can't find profound thoughts today
with no words, I sat
****************************
She walks through her day
into the riotous cacophony of higher education
as snippets of a myriad of conversations
are heard wafting from the circles of friends; peers
she so desperately wants to be a part of...
Plans for after, for break, for lunch-
she just wants to be pulled into the inner sanctum
to be encircled instead of excluded
She glances over her notes for class and reads-
circular- def: "ending where beginning;
following a curved route; on a path that ends where it began."
The irony of this is not wasted on her-
as she begins her class
this time around-
as the teacher
she walks through her day
*****************************************
looking for a sign
a circle, orb, or sphere of light
let's me know you're here
****************************************
When we heard the news we came running-
our hearts broken- to surround you (encircle you) with tears, support, laughter, hugs
and we became one for you~ united in your (our) grief
wanting to make it ok but knowing that it never would be again (at least for awhile)
We felt your loss (it was our loss too)
We saw you go through the cycle (circle) of grief...striving to stay strong (and knowing it's so hard)
We cried with you, mourned, remembered, and laughed (sometimes a lot)
And we learned that...when something (someone)ends,
life does go on (not like it was before, but still...)
It's one big circle (cycle)
So here we are almost back to the beginning (of the end)
as spring begins anew (it always does),
so do you...
We watch you starting to bloom (tentatively), to trust, laugh (a lot),
live (and love?)...
Again
This poem is dedicated to my close friend who lost her husband last year as a result of a tragic car accident.
16 comments:
What a pleasure to read! Creative words for the circle prompt.
Sorry to hear about your friends husband.
Love the circley poem and both the Haiku!
I could identify with the girl in college. Why on earth end where we begin? So beautiful, all of these.
The golden orb had almost disappeared behind the
interlacing fingers of the hawthorn.
- Cold Comfort Farm
Dear Patti--
So glad you let all of the images and feelings come forward. My heart needed each one...
Thank you--
Hi Patti, aren't you good with the verse! You had a purpose for the poem, but first couldn't put it into words. Then as your friend shares her grief with you words for paper seem possible.
I do feel there is a another verse or two still unwritten. I am glad she has a caring friend such as you.
Thank you for sharing, may I pray for the two of you?
..
So glad you kept on writing for this -such a richness of expeprience and observation here!
You are an awesome POET......
Make sure you are saving these in a JOURNAL!
Angie
You are so creative!! I really enjoy seeing what you come up with each week :)
Denise
(p.s. Was last night weird or what! They actually are going to air "After the Rose" part 2 tonight. What more can they say??? I'm done with it......at least that's what I'm saying right now, maybe I'll peek ;)
What a poetic voice you have ~ I love poetry and I love your poems! You inspire me! Blessings, Katie
I love them. Patti you have such a natural gift. :)
Really big love for this one: looking for a sign
a circle, orb, or sphere of light
let's me know you're here
"Amazing," said I to my dear dear friend!!!!
Glad you found the words ... such a delight to read. Sorry about your friend.
Each poem touched me deeply.
How grand that you have a prompt and many poems spill out!
Perhaps you would appreciate my wallpaper on Ping Desktop / Laptop Wallpapers:
http://screenfonds.blogspot.com/
Heavily Babe oriented, I guess it's mostly for men.
Gender neutral, and certainly not les important to me is my poetry on Single Swingle:
http://singleswingle.blogspot.com/
- Peter Ingestad, Sweden
Post a Comment