Sunday, March 22, 2009



"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts. There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of nature -- the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after winter." — Rachel Carson

Happy First Weekend of Spring!!

The 2 pictures below are remnants of my friend Rosanne's and my "playdate" from Fri. night. We were chatting on Facebook Thurs. night and I asked her over on the spur of the moment to do some stamping on Fri. night and she was available! We had a great time- she made some Easter cards and we played around with tags and distress inks and beautiful Artistic Outpost stamps that I had. I just love creativity; especially sharing it with a friend!



Saturday morning, Mike and I were looking for something to do. Angie over at I'm Going Back To The Start had mentioned something was going on in St. Charles- which she could have meant MO or IL but I googled it and came up with the Country Folk Art show at the Kane County Fairgrounds so we decided to go. Before we had Molly, Mike and I went all over the place looking for stuff like that- and little towns and all- we really loved it! Once we had Molly though we kind of stopped doing it for some other child friendly excursions, so it was fun to get in the car and go like we used to (Molly was at soccer practice and had a big history project to work on). We ended up NOT going to the Folk Art show and instead ended up in St Charles and Geneva on the Fox River ogling the beautiful houses (with their equally gorgeous cupolas) which there is no shortage of (I can't even imagine...) , picture taking and doing some shopping. Ok- I did the shopping, Mike took the pictures. He is an excellent photographer (I think) and always takes such interesting pictures- which I included in the post. Geneva I am totally familiar with, but St. Charles, not so much. I did find the CUTEST little store- (which I swear Angie posted about at one point but I can't find it). It is called the Glos House and is made up of Tapestries of Nature, Brigadoon Antiques, and the Vintage Nest. The store has EVERYTHING that I love- all handmade vintage jewelry, decorations, papers...but I was really good and only spent a little. They also have a blog, so you can see the inside of the store here .
All in all, with plenty of Road Sodas (you gotta have road sodas) and side trips to Home Goods, JoAnn Fabrics, Sonic ( I think the ONLY one in the state of IL) and Cici's Pizza...it was a pretty fun day!

How was YOUR weekend?






























































7 comments:

TAPESTRIESOFNATURE said...

PATTI, THANK YOU FOR THE LOVELY COMMENTS THAT YOU LEFT ON YOUR BLOG AND MINE. I'M GLAD THAT YOU LIKED MY SHOP AND HOPE YOU WILL VISIT OFTEN. IT HAS BEEN A GLORIOUS WEEK-END AND I FEEL SO HAPPY THAT I WAS ABLE TO BE OUT AND ABOUT ALSO! HAVE A GOOD WEEK, JUDY

beth said...

did you know that we used to live in st.charles {illinois} and I used to shop in all those stores and geneva for hours on end...I loved that area !!!! {it's been 12 years since we lived there but I soooo remember everything}

ALSO...we lived in st. louis twice and I also shopped in old st. charles {missouri}

so for anyone out there not knowing either place....they are BOTH fantastic !!!

next time, you must go to the folk art show and/or the kane county flea market...both are soooo great !!!

and take miss laura with you...she would love it !!!

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Nice pics those homes are lovely....just what I have always wanted in a home. oh well at least I have a home right.

I hope work is okay. Did you go on SPRING break already. How about the weather this weekend and then today it rained. At least we enjoyed two beautiful days.

Pls e-mail me your address I need to send you something. Oh and my birthday is sometime in APRIL and pls do not send me anything as you already sent me plenty.

When is your birthday... I don't think you wrote it on your blog... I am on my way to check your profile.

Peace to you my friend and thanks for the great pics.

Kane County Flea is in St. Charles and is coming on April 4th and 5th. I think you would enojoy it. They have some great stuff.

Angie

JUST ME said...

P.S. glad you and your hubby got to spend time together and tell him the pictures are great and thanks so much for sharing. You make me want to run there this weekend and I just might.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, Patti! Those houses are amazing. I've never been to a folk art show. I'm not sure if there are any around here but I'll have to see. I'd love to see one!

Anonymous said...

I love the pics. It sounds like you both had a great time. I am jealous!

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh! Such fun. And such gorgeous houses!! I want to come and see them for myself.