
Recently I was nominated by wonderful Michelle over at Chocolate and Marmalade Tea for an award! (go visit for some fun inspiration- she is ALWAYS up to something!) Thank you so much Michelle!!! That is so exciting to me because I never know who is reading my blog unless comments are left. I know my little blog is not read my many but I love and appreciate those that do; especially those that do leave comments. I just love the friendships that have been made from comments and blog visits!
I don't know if you all do awards, but know that I feel that ALL of your blogs are wonderfully deserving of this award! With that being said, I am openly nominating everyone's blogs for this award. Feel free to grab the button above and post it on your blog and share it with any you feel deserve it.
If you choose to do this and play by the rules, the real rules are below.
The rules to accepting and sharing this sweet button are:
1. The winner may put the logo on their blog.
2. Put a link to the person who sent you the award.
3. Nominate 10 blogs.
4. Put links to their blogs.
5. Leave a comment for each nominee.
I came upon this sweet altered journal; love it!!!
Look what she wrote! I almost cried...
All the goodies... she made and put together- such wonderful talent!
Katie collaged the piece on the left- it is sooooo me!
Endless possibilities of ephemera to play and create with; I truly can not wait!
More lovely items including some pages from some vintage magazines, more fairies (one can never have too many of them), a flashcard, and a beautiful embroidered piece of silk...
Thank you so much Katie for being such a wonderful swap partner and friend!!!! Everything is perfect!

This afternoon I am going to see my favorite author EVER: Elizabeth Berg!!! She is going to be at the Orland Park library for a book talk about her new book Home Safe; which I started reading a little Friday night and finished yesterday afternoon- I could NOT put it down.. I have read EVERYTHING she has ever written and she is one of the few authors whose books I will read twice. This book, in my opinion, is one of the best she has written in awhile. So I am excited to hear her in person and also meet up with Laura from Maude and Mozart and her mom. Fun! Right after that I am leaving for a few days with some teacher friends to go back to Springfield to work on the Alternative Assessment Committee for the Illinois state tests. I did this before in October (right before my mom died), and it was very interesting. The whole thing is funded by Pearson, who I am convinced, own the world! Beautiful hotel, stipend for attending, meals provided and reimbursed, mileage, sub paid for, DAYS OFF...what's NOT to love?
5 comments:
what a fabulous gift of goodies !!!
and that book...I had to stop reading yesterday and put it down for a bit...I'll pick it back up tonight after a whirlwind days keeps me busy....
have a great time with laura...give her a hug from me !!!
Patti you deserve this award. You are so full of inspiration. What a great swap gift!! It was packaged to beautifully! I haven't participated in a swap ye but I'm excited to do one soon!! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend. :)
What a great swap gift, so artistic and thoughtful! Sounds like it was a lot of fun. Enjoy hearing Berg today, I saw her speak a few years ago at a library nearby, she is so interesting to listen to. Love her books, it's like reading something from an old friend.
You SO deserve your award! Your blog is full of creativity and inspiration!
And what a fabulous swap! Love all the goodies you received :) Butterflies are a favorite of mine.
Enjoy your weekend!
Denise
(stop by - lots of Giveaways going on!!)
i am oooing and ahhing over your delightful gifts -- i am such a sucker for pink:)
meeting Elizabeth Berg!!! lucky, lucky! i didn't know she had a new book -- must get it.
:)
Post a Comment