
calm down~
hear what's being said
and concentrate
only on the
speaker and subject in this moment
So many people choose "words" to define the new year; something to strive for. After much pondering, I have chosen the word "concentrate" as the word I would like to work on for the year. My mind is often a veritable hotbed of chaotic thoughts; all vying for attention. I think it comes from groups of kids trying to all talk to me at once and also dealing with all kinds of situations at the same time. My attention is constantly being pulled in many directions and at times I have a really hard time prioritizing who to talk to and what to do. Ironically though- through it all I am quite productive when I need to be once I get beyond the chaos. Choosing the word "concentrate" will, I hope, make me slow down and realize I need to pay attention in this moment and not have my mind racing in ten different directions. Hopefully, I will improve in this area this year!
This week's prompt at OSI is "chaos." Please stop by and see how others interpreted this prompt.
The pictures below embody the concept of "concentration" for me. Our dog, Lady spent a short amount of time concentrating on ripping up her new toy and turning it into chaos. She was quite successful, I must say...
26 comments:
Patti, Lady is a dog after my own heart!
Ooops now to the poem. That's very good advice, to concentrate. It does good for your mind to be active all the time, it can learn to multitask with the best. Just keep it from chaos, make it concentrate.
..
It's tiring work, this kind of play!
Thanks for the smile.
I like your word for this year!
Well, it was HER toy, so she knows best what to do with it.
Concentrate is a good concept. We rush headlong, the days zoom by and we do not take the time to take stock.
very positive advise, but oftentimes we can't do away being disturbed, cause our thoughts travel so fast.
very nice acrostic poem!!!
Out of the chaos comes concentration, perhaps. Talk to everyone, listen to yourself.
A very insightful post, with sound advice. And the photos are so charming!
Your dog is adorable! And I can so relate to your post...my chaotic thoughts often drive me to distraction. I also would love to concentrate better.
This is wonderful. Lady is a great dog. Funny. I love the word that you have and the reasons for it. Sometimes it's difficult to concentrate on only one thing, with our multi-tasking. I hope I will see you at Inspired Needle.
we could learn a lot from dogs ability to concentrate, although I know that some times I wish my Rosie weren't quite so dogged!
I like your word of the year. It's a good reminder to enrich our lives with the pure living of it, absorbing the moment we are in. Great choice!
Patti,
She is so cute.....Why do they love doing that????
Angie
Oh boy, Lady is sure a QT. Love the innocent expression and the need to sleep it all off at the end!
Sometimes we have to concentrate on not being mad at our pups when they do such things. Ha! Mine tore up her toy too. Keep concentrating!
what a perfect word....and ummm, me and my adult a.d.d. well, I could use that one, too !
hee hee....the new dog toy being chewed to death made me laugh !
This particular brand of chaos visits my house regularly.
That pup is extraordinary. She looks so comfy amid the wreckage of that toy.
I sure do like that poem. I think I should hang it in my classroom.
Good acrostic and I so agree with you - I might practice that some, too! That toy wore Lady out! :) Funny pictures. Nifty dog!
Good word choice! And I love what you've done with your banner!It is soo beautiful as are you sweetie!
We don't take the time to "chew" on things. Lady has it down. Thoughtful post!
Great word Patti, and I love how you've worked out Chaos. Exactly what I needed to see this morning... I'm so glad you want to play in my exclusive Valentine swap. I read your msg. about the match boxes, I didn't know exactly how to either, but I promise you now I'm hooked. I've covered nine lg. ones and 10 sm ones. Why? I have no idea, it was so much fun I couldn't stop! I took the large ones apart at the glue seam, covered it with modpodge and then beautiful scrape book paper. Then, I reglued the seam back together...walaaaa, now they're ready to embelish...and you know what, easier and quicker to do than altoid tins...did you see the ones I posted on my blog? Oh, before I forget, can you send me your email address? I want to send out an email to all the players with the details. Basically, simple...I think it's going to be a PIF swap because we have an uneven # so far...7 want to play...the only rules are, matchbox, vintage valentine or replica and no due date only that who ever you get receives it on Valentines day or before. But if you send me your email, I'll send you the formal play date....hope your day is filled with joy!
XO Keke
Ah, chaos can be creative, in other words! Great insight into this prompt.
excellent post of reflections.... we can always clear out the closets and cobwebs gathering... i love dogs and what they do-do..haha.. it is the happiness in doing it that makes me smile...
How to focus on what is really being said above the noise and chaos. If we listen quietly, the answer is there. I like it!
Some day si feel like that, too.
.. so close to religion and the reading of the texts ..
calm down~
hear what's being said
and concentrate
only on the
speaker and subject in this moment
Patti
We are just starting a poetry unit and I willl definitely share this one with the kiddies! Lady is adorable!
Post a Comment