On a sunny day
shadows secretly play
hide and seek on the snow
as the sun reflects
the animals' version of
snow angels~
tiny trailing tracks
made on their quiet quest
foraging for food
the air~
crisply crystallizing quickly
as individual indeliable icicles
drip, dangle and decorate all surfaces
seemingly in a race with each other
to reach the ground first~
and playful plumes from chimneys
wistfully waft upward into the sky
indicators that all are
cozily tucked toasty warm inside~
While Winter
coming to a town near you
The inspiration for this poem was from the trunk shows that my local needlecraft store (The Inspired Needle) in Lemont, IL is always having. When Cathy has a trunk show, a designer's products are showcased and displayed in the store for everyone to "ooh and ahhhh" over.
This week's prompt for One Single Impression is "sunny day." Please stop over and check out the other poets' work. Have a wonderful week celebrating all Winter has on display!
23 comments:
Love the winter photos and the idea of the sunny days shadow hiding and I am waiting for Spring to come and the sunny days to come out in the open:)
lovely winter poem
and photos
This is a snow poem with lots of pretty snow pictures.
Patti, I had memories when I came to this:
On a sunny day
shadows secretly play
hide and seek on the snow
We used to play fox and goose on the fresh snow. Did you ever play that game?
..
Wonderful transformation from snowy winter to the peeking of a new sunny day, giving one an enervated feeling...;)
Very nice poem Patti!
brrrr i miss sunny days too. but i look forward to spring first :-) lovely set of photos and the winter poem, chilly :-)
I love the spirit behind this. Well done.
Love all the alliteration in this poem!
And wonderful photos, too!
I loved the playful mood of this poem...wonderful! The photos are also beautiful.
Beautiful Patti. The pictures and your words!!
Denise
you guys have been having fun out in the winter weather of the midwest...it isn't that bad this year, is it....although, I keep reminding myself we have at least 2 more months to go....
Oh would you please send some of that snow my way? Here in New England, it's warm, dreary, and gray. What little snow we've had is melted and the ground is just blah. It's so not a New England January. Tomorrow will be pouring rain and 55 degrees :(
Please send a few snowflakes north?
Hi
Ok, where is Lamont IL from Glen Ellyn IL because it looks totally different here. It has been raining and gray for days and today it is 45 degrees. It is not pretty here!
Your pictures are beautiful
Blessings
This are great pictures. I love the scenes of Winter. Today the snow is all gone around my house. I wish for another snowfall soon.
How gorgeous!!!!! The words and pictures are stunning!!! What a great idea.....winter trunk show!
Love the title Winter's Trunk Show! Again beautiful photos!!
one of the things I like most about this is how dramtically weather in the midwest can change...now no snow anywhere, but give us a little time. We know winter isn't gone for good
Hi Patti ~
I don't know which I love more ~ the lovely photos or the poem. Together they make an AmaZing post!
One of the best yet my dear! I love visiting your blog! Blessings!
Patti, I knew where you were going even before I came to the explanation!! What a wonderful mix of words....your photos really capture the essence of the poem.
Hi Patti. The poem and photos are so beautiful. I never get to enjoy beauty like that living here in Florida. Keke over at Cherry Kingdom said the nicest things about you and your blog I had to come see for myself. She never fails to show me something wonderful. Your photography skills are wonderful.
Thank you for sharing them with me.
Hugs...Tracy :)
I loved the photo, especially the fourth black and white one ... it reminded me of cotton on cotton stalks. Nice post.
The best thing about shadows - they appear with sunny days! Beautiful photos and lovely words!
Both the gate and the trees open to beautiful backlit vistas, as do your words.
- - Winter is having a Trunk Show
the finest of white ermine
drip, dangle and decorate all surfaces - -
playful plumes from chimneys ..
great images ..
Post a Comment