Saturday, January 30, 2010

A Flurry of Thoughts and Pictures

On my way to school each morning there is a small stretch of road where there is nothing but farmland and a couple of barns. One morning recently, I pulled over to get some stunning sunrise shots and barn pictures. As I was doing this, my friend Debbie, drove past me on the way to school too. She called me to make sure everything was ok and I told her what I was doing. The next day, she stopped by my room with the Age of Barns book below that she had been given by another friend of ours. The book is fascinating and has further piqued my interest in anything barn and farm related (both Debbie's dad and my dad lived on farms).


The 3 photos below were taken a few days ago on the way to school (one perk for leaving so gosh darn early in the morning!)- the sky was magnificent!
















Below is my current cross stitch project. I love how charts that don't look at all complicated end up taking way longer than anticipated. I love this one though (complications and all)- especially because she is a Snow Fairy! I have made some progress but I have a LONG way to go.


This one is finished!!! Again- simple looking chart, but it took a long time!


This heart was really fun and quick- it's for a Valentine Swap I am in.


These 2 charts I picked up at the last Stitch Night. I always have such high hopes but they were just too cute to pass up - love the reindeer and snowflake tree.

6 comments:

Laura said...

Barns! I love them.....Great pictures! I love driving in the "country."

Great barn book! That was so nice of your friend.

Love the cross-stitch pics!!!!! I am surprised to hear there are complications with the Snow Fairy; when we looked at the chart it seemed like a speedy stitch! Love your new charts!!!!!!

beth said...

you are such a lover of barns like me !!!

and sunrises and sunsets....

let's do a shoot someday together :)

Joanne said...

Your barn photos look so much like a stretch of road I sometimes drive on nearby. If I didn't know better, I'd say they were in CT! So pretty, very scenic shots.

SandyCarlson said...

I love the way things like this happen. Neat. Beautiful shots.

Mlu said...

The first barn sketch, with the blueprint, is an identical model of the barn we sleep in at White Pines!!!! We actually sleep above the horses!
Have you ever had the pleasure of going to WP????
sunrise pics....amazing colors!!!

Relyn Lawson said...

Your friend Debby is very, very thoughtful. Your pictures are very, very beautiful. I'd say you are very, very blessed.