Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Magnificent End

This past Tuesday as I was driving to my bi-monthly cross stitch night, the sun started setting. The sky became awash with such color that I literally turned the car around and went back about a mile and pulled into one of the forest preserve frozen lakes that dot the area. I was absolutely stunned at the colors that began to unfold. What a beautiful way to end my work day and begin the fun, creative evening that I had. The Best of Winter, indeed.



























11 comments:

Jon Lee said...

How beautiful is that Patti! I wish I had started out sooner that evening and had seen the sunset. I have started taking my camera along more often, but I still forget it sometimes. I had such a great time at stitching. I love going to Inspired Needle. I find stitching there with all of you so peaceful and creative.

Joanne said...

There's such a stark beauty to winter that is just breathtaking. Looks like lots of creativity was going on in those heavens, as well ;)

Laura said...

That is so cool!!!! I love when something beautiful happens that stops you in your tracks!!!

beth said...

see....our winter isn't so bad after all, is it ?

I was so pissy last year, but this year for some reason...other than the really grey days...I'm enjoying it !

Sandra.if said...

so beautiful....thanks...

Polka Dot Moon said...

A winter treat for sure!!

Package on the way to you. So glad you were the 13th comment; they were meant to be yours!!!

Enjoy your weekend Patti!
Denise

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh, Patti! Such beautiful images! WOW>

Mlu said...

Stunning photos!!!! I am forwarding them to Kait!

SandyCarlson said...

These skies are amazing. Just gorgeous.

Karin said...

Stunning photos!! I really missed going that night!

Anonymous said...

Great shots