Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Big Finish!

For all intents and purposes, my Summer Vacation is basically over in the next few days...finished! All in all, it was a good summer! Although I didn't do too much blogging or stamping, there are some things that I did do. I saw a few concerts- with a biggie coming up next Thurs....Donny and Marie (I know- you're jealous...can't wait!), went a lot of fun places with many different groups of friends; basically living out my suitcase during the month of July and beginning of August, took some cool tech classes through school, spent a lot of time in and near the water, spent a lot of quality time with family and good friends, read some good books,and rode my bike LOTS of different places.

I also learned a lot about myself this summer and dealt with some rather harsh and sad issues, but with the help of my amazing friends and family (and some other special people as well), feel in a better place to deal with those issues. Lots of tears; it's not easy, and it's not going to be easy, but it is getting easier.

My summer vacation will end with an evening of dinner and stamping at my house with some good friends tomorrow night, and an evening of cross stitching and dinner at Jayne's house with the cross stitch group on Saturday. A perfect finish to a great summer!

So...here are a few pictures of things I have completed:


Mermaids- my goal was to get it done before summer was over and I did! This will be framed and hung in Michigan.



The book Committed by Elizabeth Gilbert. Excellent book, in my opinion, about the tradition of marriage around the world ( as well as somewhat of a sequel to Eat, Pray, Love). On a side note, I saw Eat, Pray, Love the other night with a group of friends. I had read the book and liked it, but I really enjoyed the movie a lot! I thought Julia Roberts was excellent. I love to hear her laugh and have missed seeing her on the big screen, so I thoroughly enjoyed it.





The following pictures were taken on my last real bike ride this morning. The weather was perfect and I got as far as I wanted to go but then just kept riding ( 2 1/2 more miles). I had brought my camera with, so there is a nature preserve that the trail runs through, and I got off my bike and just stood and listened to all the sounds around me and snapped pictures for awhile. I think I will miss that part of summer the most!
















The pictures below were taken on our trip to Michigan last week- the last one before school starts when Molly brought up her two friends Miranda and Shannon. Even though Michigan will be visited a few more times before we close up for the season, it just isn't the same as going in the summertime!










The last 2 pictures were the final finish of Mollyfest 2010, aka Molly's 16th birthday and all the celebrations that ensued. "Mollyfest" concluded almost a week after her actual birthday with a group of 8 friends going to see a sold out Chicago Fire soccer game against the New York Red Bulls.



8 comments:

beth said...

you have had quite the summer.....

and didn't julia cry perfectly when she was supposed to in the movie ?.....i love her ~

i surprised myself and loved the movie...sure, it wasn't the book, but as far as being transported for a couple of hours....well, it worked !

JUST ME said...

Patti,

Happy b-day to your daughter....

Love all your pics, the one with the little boat on the water and of course the butterflies.... love the butterflies.

On my way tonight to the night time flea in wheaton... but first must work all day and then run home to pick up my son and off to have some fun....

peace to you

Laura said...

It sounds like you really have had a summer of change and gaining of knowledge. It is the closest I have heard of a summer closest to the summers of childhood.

Mermaids is done!!!! It looks so good! What are you going to work on tonight??? Can't wait to see.

Keke said...

Dearest Patti,

Oh how I have missed visiting you...I found myself lost in the story of your summer...still think you should publish something...I'm glad your well and the fact that you still get nervous after 26 + yrs demonstrates what an awesome teacher and extraordinary human you are...it's amazing to me that you still feel this way given the challenges and longevity of it all.... sweet sixteen, time is so fleeting...reminded me of my sweet 16...and now we watch our daughters...I loved all the pics...wistful sigh...oh how I miss lake MI. I'm glad you had so many sister friends surrounding you, it's amazing how much we need each other... XOXO Keke

SandyCarlson said...

I love your summer images and wish you every happiness!

Anonymous said...

I love this cause I can connect to every sentiment in it. Goodbye summer you were great

Amity said...

Hi Patti;

You really enjoyed your summer Patti and I enjoyed reading this post of yours!

I was smiling when I saw your cross-stitch work coz me too, before I became crazy with blogging, cross-stitching was my fave past time, but now in the backseat and not even wanting to see a needle or thread as my eyes had suffered much!

You gave me an idea, I may as well use my framed stitch works to accompany my future posts in my blog soon!

Thanks for sharing your wonderful summer Patti! Even the book you read! I missed Julia Roberts too, have not see any movie lately!

Have a nice day! :)

Love,

Amity

Relyn Lawson said...

Your wildlife pictures are stunning! So are your water images. You are good, girlfriend. GOOD!