Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Love (pensive)



I anticipated our reuniting for a long time...

at the beginning I felt like we had all the time in the world-

from early in the morning to late at night...

I gave up my current passions for you~

You became my passion-

my reason for rising each day-

anticipating what was in store

as we got into our familiar routine.

I basked in your warmth;

as I lay lazily in your light

as if glowing from within

drenched in your heat

your breath was warm against my skin...

You were there for me-

indulging me in my every whim and vice-

your days- pure poetry

of cloud-speckled unending time

while your nights sparkled

with the secrets of stars

and punctuated by the glow of fireflies..

But...

I have recently felt a tap on my shoulder

and -

it's getting more insistent...

garnering my attention-

A new love I will soon be falling for...

I'm feeling pensive about our parting-

there are so many things I still wanted to do with you

and now I won't be able;

something is changing

it's just not the same~

but I know in my heart -

I will see you again

and we'll pick up where we left off-

I hope......

I don't really mean to be fickle~

but you seasons are just so seductive for me...



****************************************

As I have been out and about recently, I have noticed a few signs that autumn is just around the corner...So yes, I am sad to see the summer leave, but fall is my absolute favorite season, so I am looking very forward to it's arrival!




21 comments:

gautami tripathy said...

You totally got me into this! I want to summer to go away.

a trophy

Jim said...

I love it, Patti! So now I will always remember 'Summer Love' in a different vein. I was feeling sorry a bit when you wrote about saying goodbye but it would not be for good. Then, thank goodness, the final line.

I appologize for missing last week. For a retired person things have been hectic. And we are just about to travel (Quebec) again! So I know I will miss some return visits but like Summer Love, I will return.
..
I left a post on your lovely Beginning poem.
And my favorite picture of your finale' summer post--like a teacher, must evaluate--is the bicycle ride find of the little turtle sitting on the small log.
..

Rinkly Rimes said...

I began to see you as a fickle lover (human-wise) but you fooled me!

anthonynorth said...

Excellent twist in this one. nicely done :-)

Vinay Leo R. said...

ah.. this was beautiful, Patti.. u made me get into the verse.. Seasons shall come and go..! But sometimes, I wish summer stays away..! :)

Ramesh Sood said...

Don't know why everyone wants summer to go away.. it's only in some you love morning walks and evning strolls more.. but well then its OK.. we all love our special seasons..

Do visit to bless my 100th post Patti!

Mlu said...

Your words are amazing.....

Maggie said...

What a wonderful tribute to the love of Seasons...enjoyed the read.

Maggie said...

What a wonderful tribute to the love of Seasons...enjoyed the read.

Cynthia said...

life is amazing. how journeys begin
often while we are in the midst
of what we thought we longed for,
and did - and then...
a look, a word or a scent and we
are taken away.

mareymercy said...

Summer has the association of fun and frivolity, but nothing beats that fall change of seasons. We are fickle, aren't we? Of course here in Texas I have another 2 good months of summer to go, anyway...

Polka Dot Moon said...

I want to come spend summer with you! Beautiful!

Enjoy every last bit. I LOVE Fall and can't wait for our triple digits to go away.

Denise

SandyCarlson said...

Onward and upward, no looking back. Beautiful poem!

Tumblewords: said...

A beautiful summer ode - pensive, for sure!

Geraldine said...

Oh this is clever! And I so agree with you BRING ON AUTUMN, I can't wait! Nice work Patti.

www.mypoeticpath.wordpress.com

beth said...

what an amazing poem....

Unknown said...

Hi Patti. Oh' this is such beautiful poetry. I loved following it and the surprising ending that answered my curiosity. What a wonderful writer you are. I'm in love with fall too and I'm looking so forward to it. Of course I'll see it about Dec. here in FL. Do you live in Michigan? I would so love to see some fall now. Thanks for sharing your beautiful pics with me.

And you are so right, it's wonderful to know Keke is back with us. I missed her so.

Hugs...Tracy :)

RiikaInfinityy said...

Beautiful, thank for sharing your wonderful words=3 and nice blog too^^

Relyn Lawson said...

Oh! I love, love, love autumn. Even having my summers off can't sway me from my first love, autumn.

gabrielle said...

"I lay lazily in your light" That line so delicately captures the luxurious feel of summer.
Like you, I feel the crispness in the air and am ready to take a bit of an early McIntosh!

Jeeves said...

Didnt realise you were alluding to nature! Brilliant