Monday, August 9, 2010

A Summer Connoisseur













A Summer Connoisseur

each daily nuance
dearly coveted by me
summer slipping by

























This week's prompt at OSI is "connoisseur." As I have been enjoying to the fullest, my increasingly fleeting summer days, I feel I am qualified to speak on the behalf of being a Summer Connoisseur. How have you enjoyed your Summer Days?




































14 comments:

Sandra.if said...

your summer is wonderful!

Rita said...

Oh my, this summer has flown by. It was Janurary just a few days ago and now it's the middle of Aug. How did that happen? We went to see the grandbabies this past weekend and it was a highlight of our summer. Ohhhh, those grandbabies are grand!

Ramesh Sood said...

Beautiful, your take on the prompt.. connoisseur of Summer .. wow! in India Summer has just gone by, rains all around..had been a mixed bag..do visit my page and inspire..

Amity said...

Hi Patti,

yes, you are truly a summer connoisseur now...the pictures you posted are testaments and speak for you...:)

I envy you, aside from you having enjoyed summer, and have delved into beautiful photography which i happen to love lately....whoaaaa...i wish i had the luxury...:)

thanks Patti for sharing your wonderful time though these pics...:))

it's my prompt anyways and am happy to see a beautiful contribution from you!

gautami tripathy said...

like it!

musty scent of love

Aayushi Mehta said...

Wow. Reminds of awesome, lazy summer afternoons. Lovely Haiku too.

JP/deb said...

Wonderful sampling of summer! I've been spending too much of mine working ... but and end-of-summer vacation is looming!

The Write Girl said...

What lovely photos. They are so vivid and tranquil. Summer is flying by and soon we'll have only photos and memories until next year! I enjoyed my visit.

The Write Girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SandyCarlson said...

Summer does fly by. Before we know it, we will remember it as a dream. Beautiful post. Thank you, dear friend.

Jim said...

My old saying about teaching, "summer is the best part" (followed by Christmas and Spring breaks).

Enjoy the rest of your time off. You are like a 'front line' troop of education.
..

Geraldine said...

What a wonderful tribute to summer, one of the best I've seen. Well done! It is fleeting, isn't it? I love Fall though so I'm happy it s on the way.

Jeeves said...

Lovely pictures and poem

Married to Singaporean said...

Beautiful and wonderful summer you have! You are truly a summer connoisseur now, Amity says it right.