We went on multiple boat rides -with the "Captain" doing his best to get the BIGGEST waves to go over the bow and drench my friend and I since we insisted on sitting up on the bow egging him on to to this (note- he was very successful in this endeavor). We anchored in a cove at one point and jumped off the boat to float around for awhile and swim. The 2 ladies who chose not to do this, set up a "wet bar" on the back of the boat (and gave that term new meaning) and made sure that our "summer beverages" were constantly replenished. Tubing was a blast! The Captain assured us that the tube was unflippable- with that said- I'm in -along with 3 of my friends. The Captain had a riot proving us otherwise and yes, The Missile (appropriately named) did indeed flip after being whipped around and around in very fast circles. I flew off thinking I was the only one- only to see the other 3 in the water as well. Because we had been going so fast when we hit the water- I was having a hard time catching my breath and spluttering- only to have my one friend say- "put your feet down" - so I did and I could touch bottom! Too funny- that ended my spluttering around.
The second day we spent a couple of hours hanging out in a huge round raft that holds eight, with a cooler trailing behind as well as a couple of other single rafts; talking and sipping summer beverages, floating down the the river with the current. That was hastened by The Captain who boarded the Waverunner and would roar up and tried (successfully I might add) to splash us and create huge waves- loved it!!!
Because there were so many of us- we split the meal duties- and we each had a team to work with and one meal to deal with- perfect and lots of delicious food. So the fact that I am totally sore places I never thought I had from hanging on for dear life (and getting in and out of the boat, raft...), and the fact that when I am still or have my eyes closed I still feel like I am on the boat, it was great hanging out with all of these special ladies- and Kudos to the Captain (and his lovely Wife) who put up with 9 women and made sure everyone had such a wonderful summer getaway!
6 comments:
Oh, how wonderful, awesome, amazing. I am so happy for you to have this time before we head back to school. Lucky you!!
Oh' Patti, you sound like a girl after my own heart. I'm not a Pisces but close, I'm an Aries. I could live in the water. I was always in the beach or a pool growing up. My dream is to have my own pool. It looks like you had the most wonderful lake getaway.
Hugs...Tracy :)
I think you have had the best summer ever!!! It is a summer that most closely approximates my memories of summers from childhood!!!!! Glad you are having such a grand old time!!!
What a great bolg and photos...I'm so glad you had your camera to capture all the fun we had those two days. Thanks for the memories!
"Lock legs!"
BLOG....... I need spell check.
Love it love the pics love my girls love the summer cottage and our hosts
Post a Comment