
Listening is such an important part of our lives. So much is said that we need to know and process in our world. If you don't listen well- why, you just miss so much (or so I tell my students on a daily basis). It's also the things that are left unsaid that resonate with us as well.
So with that being said, this week's prompt at OSI is listening....here are my 3 haiku and free verse as interpretation for that prompt.
It's not what we hear
that are the loudest sounds made
it's what we don't hear
*******************************
words go unnoticed
is anyone listening?
someone, please hear me!
****************************************************
the sounds of nature
earth's way to check that we hear
life's important things
*****************************************************
I wish I had listened...
really listened....
to what you had to say to me
because now you are gone
and so is all you wanted
and tried to say
that fell on deaf ears...
I am left with...
if onlys and regrets
at not always listening to you
when you were here...
So with that being said, this week's prompt at OSI is listening....here are my 3 haiku and free verse as interpretation for that prompt.
It's not what we hear
that are the loudest sounds made
it's what we don't hear
*******************************
words go unnoticed
is anyone listening?
someone, please hear me!
****************************************************
the sounds of nature
earth's way to check that we hear
life's important things
*****************************************************
I wish I had listened...
really listened....
to what you had to say to me
because now you are gone
and so is all you wanted
and tried to say
that fell on deaf ears...
I am left with...
if onlys and regrets
at not always listening to you
when you were here...
15 comments:
I see that a lot, the 'if onlys,' 'regrets too.' I rationalize with my thinking that I did what was right at the time, and yes, it could be 'righter.'
The wrongs, if there were a book I still would go there. We all have those but I try not to harbor on them.
Katrin, our new eight year-old toy poodle, must be deaf. A long thin tree twig on the rear helps with that a little. She scampers in after that bit.
..
seeing if this works
Each one of these expands on the prompt in such an expressive way. Enjoyed reading them very much!
So much revolves around listening and we still don't. Wonderful pieces!
Those regrets are very hard to take. Beautiful work here, as always.
I felt a rush of sadness and I know if I want to be heard to those I love so much..then I have to fine tune myself..by being a better listener. Thanks for shared joy-
Hi Patti--
Thanks for the 'paying it forward' advice...to pay attention! Nicely done.
When you type your website on m site, it's not a live link---make sure you get your URL correct so people can come over and visit you!
Thanks again00
Very nice ones. First one is my favourite.
Each of your poems is wonderful and oh so real. Thank you.
How funny - this topic. I was meant to read this and would like to pass it along to a friend. She needs this loud and clear.
Beautiful as always!
Patti I so love the first Haiku, and the free style poem is on target .. I know that feeling "if onlys and regrets".
Thank you for this poignant post.
Ears tuning in...
xo
I think we all have some of these thoughts. Listening is a rare talent! Excellent...
Wow, these are all so beautiful. That last one really touched me. I completely agree that so much is about listening. You could miss out if you don't!
"It's not what we hear
that are the loudest sounds made
it's what we don't hear"-
just lovely..many thanks..
Post a Comment