I don't see what's underneath
I only see serene, tranquil,calm
and yet
just underneath the surface
lies so much more
that we don't see
the water is alive
with intense struggles of life and death
but still
this lake is a lot like me
there's just so much more
that lies beneath the surface
live waves crashing in
tide goes out; gulls' plaintive cries
for eternity
9 comments:
Its always more than what meets the eyes.."what lies beneath"..and when someone tries to help and go under the surface, they come back gasping for air..Great writing.
Those plaintive cries can be a beautiful song that affirms life!
I love it. Gosh, all your poems touch me so deeply...how you connect environment with our souls is amazing!
So true, Patti, but not everyone see that.
Lovely blog.
I really like where you went with this prompt. You have a very keen eye. Lovely verses.
The water churns beneath, much like what lies beneath our facade. Every moment nature battles to stay alive. I watch it every day at my swamp. Very well done.
Still waters are always deep:) Nice one
Dear Patti--
Thank you for this--indeed those still waters are full of energy, vitality and movement.
Beautiful work with this prompt!
I enjoyed the poem, I love the haiku. The pics are right on target.
There is much beneath the surface of all life form ... the making of everyday adventures -- discovery in its purest form.
Post a Comment