Sunday, April 19, 2009


This is what I have been up to for the past few days. I have totally been able to dodge the flu and its nastiness all year long and it finally came out of nowhere on Wed. Of course I continued to go to school each day always thinking I would feel better than I did because who wants to use a sick day when they are sick?!! A couple outdoor soccer games sure did not help matters either. Of course this all hit right when Mike had his poker buddies over For Fri. night dinner and game. He ended up shopping, cooking, and cleaning without me (which made me nervous right there....) but it all went well for them and as usual, he didn't win. Needless to say I spent Fri night and all of Sat. in bed. I think I watched a total of 6 Lifetime movies yesterday alone. I didn"t even feel like reading- bummer.

This morning when I got up I felt about 1000 times better which was good since I had a card swap at my friend Holly's house and I really didn't want to miss it. So off I went in the pounding rain. We all had such a good time talking, eating, stamping...and came home with some gorgeous cards and a very generous "booty" bag from Holly filled with crafting goodies.


Here's hoping that the flu bug does not find you and you can stay healthy!!!

4 comments:

beth said...

you poor thing...I'm so glad you're better and what a trooper you are for going out on this rainy day after being sick....you have some girl scout in you !!!

Michelle said...

Wow! I thought flu season was over. That's too bad it came to say hello to you. I'm glad you got over it quick!!

Polka Dot Moon said...

Wishing you well!!!

Our Elementary school has been riddled with a couple of different bugs this past week with only 14 kids in class..........
I'm super cleaning everything that walks/comes into the house ;)

Denise

JUST ME said...

sorry that I missed you being sick while I was gone..... I hope you are feeling better Patti......

Wonderful weather we are having.

Missed ya.

Angelica