Friday, September 26, 2008

The Artsy Autumn Swap!!!

Monday was the first day of autumn and also the day to mail out our Artsy Autumn Swap packages to our partners. So today when I got home from school there was my package from my partner, Becky, sitting on the front porch! I could hardly wait to rip into it, but I was good and unpacked the box very orderly so I could take a before picture. Everything was wrapped so pretty and a lot of things were wrapped individually- which I love because I'm all about surprises!




I had such fun discovering what Becky sent to me. Through the course of the swap, we got to know each other via e-mail and found out what sort of things we were each interested in. Becky had asked for a fall picture of Molly which I sent her a few of, but I was really curious to find out what she would do with them. The result is a gorgeous handmade frame embellished with metal flourishes and leaves; a definite keepsake for sure. Becky also sent me some pumpkin earrings which I have the feeling she made (she's a very multi-talented person- knitting, beading, paper crafting), lots of beautiful acorns (wooden, ceramic, glass, tin) all stashed in a super soft brown bag which I think she may have knit. For card making, she sent a whole bunch of very cool chipboard letters, some flowers, lots of fall images, rub on, and a packet of the prettiest autumn paper I have ever seen; all tied up with beautiful ribbon and a handmade fall tag.





Am I lucky or what? I am really glad I was a part of this swap and was able to meet Becky, and I look forward to keeping in touch with my new friend!


1 comment:

JUST ME said...

Patti,

You are going to have fun decorating with the swap stuff you got.

and your table looks great... can I come over?