Friday, September 26, 2008

Today is Heidi's Fall Tablesetting and Recipe Exchange! I am so looking forward to checking out everyone's tablescapes and recipes. What fun this will be!!!
For my fall tablescape I wanted to keep it rather simple. I have a lot of decorating going on in my small dining room so it works for me to have a simple tablescape. My table is an antique oak farmhouse table from my Grandma's farm in Wisconsin ( as are the chairs). I've been told it was old when she was using it, so I like to use placemats instead of tablecloths so the table's beauty can be seen. I used my plaid placemats because to me, plaid is autumn. The colors in the placemats complement my dishes and decorations. My dishes that I use are pottery in the colors of ivory, sage green, burgundy, and gold which all match my decorating scheme. I pulled out my butterscotch colored pumpkin plates with alternating colored leaf plates (burgundy and sage, ivy, and light gold). I love these! They are so much fun to use in the fall and work well with my extensive basket collection. My napkins are hand stamped with leaf prints (actual leaves!) using muslin and acrylic paints. The centerpiece is pretty simple; a beaded amber pumpkin candle holder with 2 coordinating glass mosaic tealight holders.The mosaic glass coupled with the sparkly beads and candlelight lend a pretty ambience to the table. Again- simple, but autumnal.










My Favorite Fall Recipe

Broccoli Cheese Soup (in the crock pot-)

great with bread and a salad


8 oz of Velveeta cheese

2 - 10 3/4 cans of cream of celery soup (any cream soup will work)

1 pt half and half ( milk will work as well)
2 10-oz. bags of frozen, chopped broccoli

Place all ingredients in a 3 1/2 quart crock pot and cook low for 6 to 8 hours.

Makes 6 to 8 servings


This is a great recipe to "customize" with the types of soup to use, different veggies, and different kinds of liquids.

13 comments:

LBP said...

I love your tablescape. It is so autumny!

Your recipe for broccoli cheese sooup sounds delicious.

Blessings

Linda

One Shabby Old House said...

I love broccoli cheese soup.
What a great way to fix it. I will cetainly make this one.
Becky

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

The soup sounds delicious and I will definetely be trying this one! Your tablescape is so pretty, warm and inviting! :) ~Rhonda

Anonymous said...

Very, very pretty and how lucky you were to inherit that beautiful old table. ~ Lynn

threesidesofcrazy said...

Broccoli cheese soup is one of my all time favorites. Sometimes simple is best and easiest!! Looks good.

Sue said...

Your tablesetting looks like fall has arrived. Love it.

I'll try your soup, sounds good.

Thanks for visiting my site.


Sue

julie & joe said...

I love your Longaberger! You need a set of the wrought iron leaf center pieces.

Jennifer said...

Hello Your tablescape is so pretty!I really like the old table and chairs.You are so lucky to have it passed down to you.That is when they used to really make stuff so strong and sturdy and so well.Now a days cahirs just fall apart in no time at all.

The soaup sounds great!!Happy Fall,Jen

julie & joe said...

I have been an LB consultant for 4 years. I have been to Dresden twice. Uppercase is sayings, etc. that you can put on your walls, mirrors, frames, etc. I have a link to it on my blog. My husband sells it.

Anonymous said...

Broccoli soup is one of my familys favs in the fall I remember my grandpa cooking it for us! haha I just wanted to come and tell you thank you soo much for leaving a sweet and loving comment on my blog when I was going through the ruffest part of recovery from ike. I don tthink it would of been that easy if i didnt have my blog to vent on. I wanted to come and give you a big net hug!
((((((((((((((((BIG HUG))))))))))))

toodles-
sarah

Anonymous said...

I like plaid for autumn, too! Did you stamp your napkins? That is a great idea. Your table and chairs look like they are in mint condition--I love those pressed back chairs and it is so great that they belonged to your grandmother! mmmmmmm, that soup recipe sounds so great! I so enjoyed your share! Dana

Kimberly said...

I love the simplicity. That pumpkin candleholder is so cute and what a cool treatment for those napkins!

Thanks for dropping by and commenting!

Heidi said...

Hi Patti, What a great Autumn table!!! I too am a big fan of "plaid"!! Doesn't it just shout "AUTUMN"!!! :)...I also love your beautiful old table!...Thank you so much for joining me in my "exchange"!...Will be trying your delicious sounding recipe too! Enjoy a lovely week!...Your friend, Heidi XO