Saturday, September 20, 2008

Inspiration Abounds!

This morning started out bright and early (ugh) as Holly and I went out to the Rubber Stamp Expo in St. Charles. After visiting with our SU consultant Sheryl, we made a beeline across the aisle to the coolest booth at the show! The girls in the booth were so nice and friendly, and helpful. They had all kinds of products from stamp sets to collage sheets, trinkets, and all the supplies needed to be creative. I was very impressed with the samples and their products from Rock Candy Studios. I fell in love with EVERYTHING I saw! Below are just a few samples of some of the cards that were on display from Artistic Outpost. Visit their blog to see many of the samples we saw. Each one was cuter than the next! I totally fell in love with these vintage Halloween stamps and of course had to have them along with a bunch of other very unusual collage-y, vintage-y looking sets. Of course I had to get the distress inks to go with... Luckily they were running some really good "show specials" that Holly and I took advantage of; thank you very much! After that purchase, we were off...




Other favorite stops throughout the day were Rubbernecker, Stamp On It, and Stamper's Cupboard...so much inspiration, so little money and time...

We really had a great time doing some make and takes, watching many demos, learning new techniques, brushing up on some old techniques, digging through envelopes looking at all the 2.00 unmounted stamps (I found some great ones- including a Chicago skyline!), photographing cards, being dazzled by all the beautiful samples, and looking at products. When we left at 3:30 we even had a little money left (unheard of!) and we were looking forward to getting home and unloading and ooo-ing and ah-ing over our goodies from the day. Can't wait until I have time to play and create tomorrow!

4 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Patti

Glad you had time to stop by the Artistic Outpost booth and be inspired!

Robyn Phelan Sharp said...

OK Shelley and I are crying with joy that you loved our booth. Thanks for stopping by...you are awesome!!! Stay in touch.

Candice Windham said...

Thank you so much for liking our stuff! Roxi and I have been so busy stocking the shelves that we've hardly had time to play since opening Aug. 1. I've added you to my faves! Love your photos!

Candice,
1/2 of RockCandy Studios

Unknown said...

Hey Patti,
I didn't know you blogged! Love your site! Thanks for stopping by my booth--it's always good to see a friendly face!