Sunday, September 28, 2008

I hate grocery shopping, but decided to suck it up and go this morning. BIG mistake!!! When Mike goes, he sticks strictly to the list- there is no room for creativity or surprises...kinda boring, but at least he goes. When I go, I wander... Do you know what I mean? I have a list and I shop from it, but I get inspired along the way. One coffee creamer ended up being plural with names like Pumpkin Pie Spice, Caramel Vanilla and Mocha Almond Fudge...yum- instead of the vanilla Mike would have bought. Of course I had to get coffee to go with...Chocolate Truffle and Caramel Drizzle (Pretty good for a novice coffee drinker don't you think?)! I start thinking of recipes and things I want to try and soon the cart is filled to the brim. Of course I spent way more than I wanted or needed, but I call my shopping the stock up trip and we won't have to get as many things for a few weeks. Unfortunately I had to schlep it ALL to the Jeep which has NO storage whatsoever; oh well.


Update on Abbey... we did bring her home yesterday! She is older than we were told; more like 6 or 7 than 3-5 and quite a bit bigger than we thought. When she and Lady went into the play yard they didn't have to much to do with one another which we were told is good. I guess if dogs are wary of each other they will not turn their backs on each other. Aside from a few growls here and there from Abbey, there hasn't been too much reaction. I have totally forgotten what it was like in the beginning with our previous dogs and that some growling is normal- so I am probably having a harder time adjusting to this change than they are. We are fostering her just to be on the safe side that all will work out. She has a vet and grooming appointment tomorrow so she will be formally checked out. Lady is definitely not happy with the situation and has removed herself to the basement to pout. Abbey stays with me wherever I go- Mike is convinced her previous owner was an old lady (hey!). I also think she did not have stairs- she can go up and down ok but doesn't quite know what to do when she gets there. She loves hanging out in corners - that's probably what she did in the shelter. Her favorite spot seems to be in the living room by the hutch...she matches so well with the wood...Isn't she cute?



Mike and Molly just left for a soccer game in Oak Park. I am kind of sorry to not be going; I love that town, but I don't feel comfortable leaving the 2 dogs alone for about 4-5 hours yet. So I have the house to myself- love it! The dishwasher is humming, a pumpkin candle is burning, George Winston's Autumn is in the cd player, schoolwork is pretty much done, I have some stamp projects to finish from last night, chili and cornbread will be started for dinner along with spice cake cupcakes- and we have a plethora of creamers to last until Christmas! Life is good!


How did you spend your Sunday?

3 comments:

Scooterblu's Whimsy~Rhonda said...

Sounds like you have a great night planned all to yourself! Relax and enjoy! :) ~Rhonda

Laura said...

Spice cake cupcakes??????? I will be right over!

Oh, I am so glad that Lady is with you! and I hope that she and Abby become fast friends very soon! Thank you for giving her a home! It just warms my heart when dear animals find homes. She looks so adorable. Is there a picture of Abby on your blog?

Grocery stores....I detest them! My husband usually goes for us. I can never find what I am looking for and also always buy "naughty" stuff. Grocery stores also make me feel anxious. Don't know why, but they do.

Last night I went to see Mama Mia downtown. It was great. Then today Mike signed us up to go hear a spiel about buying vacation time near the Fox River. We did not buy the vacation time; as his plan was just to go there to get a free trip to Vegas. Which is a place neither of us really want to go to; but he could not resist free. Anyway, Vegas does have a rubber stamp store so that is one good thing!

So, I have had little "me time" this weekend and have not even read a book! I am waiting to start a new one because I have a book on reserve waiting for me at the library.

Wow, this is one long comment!

Have a great week!

JUST ME said...

She is beautiful Patti. And she matches perfectly with your fall decor. And oh ah nice having your home to yourself....I hope you had time to relax.

Have a great week...

I am interviewing this week so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Peace,

Angelica