
Tamy at 3 Sides of Crazy uses this idea and I really like it. This is from the Simple Woman's Daybook, sponsored by Peggy at The Simple Woman. It is a great way to start off the week! Stop by Peggy's blog to see who else is participating and read their entries, then think about participating yourself!
Outside my Window...the front porch is bedecked (is that a word?) in it's fall finery- soon to be replaced by Halloween stuff- it never ends...
I am thinking... about how people come into our lives for a reason
I am thankful for... the cooler fall-like temperatures and the leaves beginning to change
I am creating...my reading lesson plans for October- love the break from the "basal" and novels and do something Halloweenish
I am going... to get my Halloween decorations out
I am wearing... capris and a black jacket
I am reading... The Red Kayak (I gave up on The Shack even though it's on the bestseller list I could NOT get into it)
I am hoping...to be able to see my BFF Carolyn sometime this week while she's in town to visit her mom
I am hearing...the birds in the trees, and the windchimes on my front porch
Around the house... it feels weird to have 2 dogs again
One of my favorite things... OCTOBER (31 days just is NOT enough to enjoy this glorious month)
A Few Plans For the rest of the week... to put up my Halloween decorations (wait- didn't I JUST get the fall stuff up?)
Here is a picture thought I am sharing withyou...
Don't you love this picture? I do! I can just picture this spot...there are geese flying overhead (just to the top right where you can't see them), the smell of woodsmoke is in the air, and the leaves are crunching as they are being stepped on. Oh- I think I heard a few acorns fall. Right up ahead and to the left will be a little hill overlooking a little pond. An old wooden bench will be on that hill to sit and contemplate nature's changing seasons. Anyway that's my picture thought as I look at it...
What are your thoughts?
What is going on in your world on this day?
(This past week our wonderful media expert at school, Gina, worked with my 8th graders and me on podcasts (!). It was such a learning experience, more for me than the kids, sad to say. They had to record a Robert Frost poem with a partner, set it to music and find pictures to go with. The presentations turned out so cool- I was so impressed. Anyway, Gina told the kids about morguefile as the place to get their pictures and one of the groups used this picture with their poem. )

2 comments:
patti,
love the picture... you know I do!!!!!!!
Hope you are having a great week at work.
Don't you just love todays cool weather...YAY!
angelica
This post is full of bloggy goodness. I love your questions, your descriptions, your links, your photographs. I really love those at the top of your sidebar, too.
As to what is going on in my world? My new principal starts drop in evaluations. YIKES!! Nervous about that and I have not been nervous about an evaluation in my seven years so far. Lots of work to do tonight.
Post a Comment