
I hesitate posting this because I do not know what the outcome will be and I hope I will not be jinxing the situation, but it has been on my mind a lot in the last few days and I'm trying to think positive that it will work, so, here goes...
We may have a new addition to our world in a few days! It all started when my friend, the Ultimate Non-Animal Person came into school Monday morning and announced that she and the family got a dog over the weekend (the dog world will NEVER be the same). They adopted a chow mix puppy, Louie, who is adorable. Their next door neighbors adopted Louie's brother, Logan, and the mom, Maya, was up for adoption too. My friend pulled up the website for me to see because she suddenly got the great idea that since Louie and Logan were brothers and lived next door, wouldn't it be fun to have their mother around for play dates and still in the picture? Anyway, that night I went home and pulled up Maya's pic to show Mike and Molly. I was "just looking around" at the other dogs when I came across Abbey. We really are/were not in the market for another dog; we have always had 2-3 dogs (our oldest one was 18 1/2) and it is actually just fine to have Lady by herself (she's a really good dog!), but something just pulled me to this picture of Abbey. I called on her the next morning and the girl said she was so sweet and well- behaved, but that no one was really showing an interest in her. She was a stray and a little older (between 3 and 5 yrs) and they don't know too much about her except she is shy and a little quiet and is not aggressive with other animals. I told her we were interested! All my students got involved too- I showed them her picture and they all said "you have to get her!" Mike, Molly, and Lady went out there after school yesterday to meet her and unfortunately they closed unexpectedly a half hour before they got there. I was so sad- I was hoping to meet her last night ( and for awhile I thought that maybe they were playing a trick on me and really had gotten her). Anyway, I called again today and they are putting a "hold " on her until we get there Saturday morning. Basically it all boils down to Lady and how well she gets along with Abbey. Since we "adopted" Lady, we really don't know how she is around other dogs; her previous owner had cats and she was fine. She may be aggressive with other dogs, though she is not aggressive in any other way. I keep telling Lady that she may get a new friend and not to blow it...so I am keeping my fingers crossed that all goes well and we can give Abbey the forever home she needs!
3 comments:
OHHHH shes beautiful! I hope it all works out,, I have been a dog lover all my life and will die one! I rescued Genie 5 years ago and love her more than anything. She is a "nutty" animal but has won the hearts of everyone. I got her 1 months after our family dog had to be put down. No one wanted her because they couldnt get Buddy out of their minds--but Genie managed to still their hearts. I would get another dog to but she is very selfish and would probably eat it!
Patti, what is the update? I so hope that this beautiful dog finds a forever home. I send all my good thoughts and wishes to you, your family, Lady, and this new dog....
Post a Comment